Free Thesis Statements on HIV
Category : Health Care Essays, Health Essays, Thesis Statement
The following thesis statements are made in relation to the issues affecting formerly incarcerated African-American women with HIV:
- Incarceration and ethnicity plays a significant role in HIV acquisition among women, causing social, economic and medical problems once they are discharged.
- Issues affecting formerly incarcerated African-American women with HIV can be prevented through internal services including sexual and physical recovery programs, mental health assistance, clinical medical services and drug treatment.
- A policy that will address the medical and psychosocial needs of discharged African-American women with HIV should be designed in order to facilitate their adjustment as free citizens.
- Economic or financial issues of discharged African-American women with HIV should be resolved by developing community-based programs so as to help them support their basic and healthcare needs.
- The initiation of discharge planning programs while African-American women are still imprisoned can create the connection they need for various support services such as employment opportunities, child care, affordable and safe housing and medical treatment.