Category : Sample Assignment Instructions
1) Complete (on your own) the LSI according to the procedure outlined there, so that you end up with your "Life Styles Circumflex" profile: 12 "personal thinking style" scores, one score for each section of the circumflex. [ Link to the LSI1 Internet Edition online: http://www.survey-server2.com/lsi_university/ ]
2) Write a 3 to no more than 5 page double-spaced paper in which you use the results of your LSI as one source to define your personal learning agenda in GM 591. The content of your LSI paper should include, but is not limited to, answers to the following questions:
Part I: Issues and Events
1. 1. What are the top three day-to-day issues (in leadership, management, organizational behavior) you now face in your actual or aspired to job that you hope your participation in GM 591 will help you to address? (bullet point format is fine)
My comments: My immediate supervisor is nice, but the environment is ran by a managing partner who is a micro manager who treats the women in the office as 2nd class citizens. I am still working in this toxic environment because of the bonus incentives. The men are moving up the corporate ladder and the women are not.
Part II: Personal Thinking Styles (primary, backup, limiting)
2. 2. "Primary" and "Backup" Thinking Styles:
What are your "primary" and "backup" personal thinking styles as revealed by your completed LSI? Identify your "primary" and "backup" personal styles (see page 70, step 1, of the LSI Self Development Guide). Caution: be sure to interpret your profile correctly--analyze where your score falls in the range for each style NOT on the raw score for each style (see Understanding Your Scores, LSI Guide, Page 9 ). (Please include a copy of your Circumflex profile as an appendix to this assignment).
What are three examples of your professional behaviors or beliefs that illustrate you doing your primary and backup personal styles (3 examples of primary, 3 examples of backup)? Areas in which you might identify examples of your behavior illustrating your primary and backup personal styles are the five functions of management as stated in our textbook: planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
3. 3. "Limiting" Style: Using the style interpretations in the LSI Guide, identify and illustrate one style you think might be working against you to reduce your effectiveness. Name the style you have chosen, make a few remarks about why you are choosing this style as limiting your professional effectiveness in organizations, and then select one behavior associated with this style that you think you would like to change.
Part III: Conclusion and Reflection
4. 4. Think about your LSI results and your responses to the above questions. Close your paper with a statement of at least one question or goal you hope your work in GM 591 will help you to address, and a comment of a few sentences to describe the value of this exercise to your personal and professional development.
I have enclosed a copy of my profile results as well as the definition of each Style.
Read our customer feedbacks