Sample Data Gathering Procedure
Category : Data Gathering Procedure
Data Gathering Procedure
After making the questions, the researchers will first follow the following steps prior to actual data gathering:
- The research proposal and a sample of the questionnaire will be presented to a higher ethics committee for approval.
- A letter of communication will be sent to other appropriate healthcare organizations regarding the study.
- The researchers will introduce themselves and give adequate explanation of the main objectives of the research proposal.
- Advises will be solicited from the higher healthcare institutions if comprehensible enough by the actual respondents.
- Revisions will then be made on the questionnaire.
- The researchers will select all qualified respondents through random sampling.
Then, the researchers will do the actual data collection following these steps:
- Formal letters will be sent to the randomly selected respondents asking for informed consent and informing them of the study. The purpose of the study will be explained in general terms. The respondents can then reply with their informed consent and their choice to whether do the interview by questionnaire or by phone.
- Assurance will be given on anonymity upon the actual data collection.
- During the data collection, the respondents will be asked to answer a 40- item set of questions about clinical healthcare and the challenges that lie ahead. As previously stated, this could be done either through mail or by telephone, whichever is comfortable for the respondent.
- After the collection of data, the researchers will express their gratitude for the respondents’ answers.
Read our customer feedbacks