A Sample Problem Statement Research Proposal
For the project assignment,
submit a problem statement of your research proposal, the qualitative and
quantitative research questions, and the theoretical framework and analysis of
the link between your theory and your questions.
Complete the following:
1. Choose a theory that informs your chosen area of research.
2. Write a clear statement of the problem.
3. consider the two research questions (qualitative and quantitative) you drafted in unit 1 (A. How do being abusive to animals as an adolescent affect your criminal behavior in the future? - Qualitative Research Question. B. Is there a comparison between childhood animal cruelty and criminal behavior in adolescence? - Quantitative Research Question)
4.Explain how the theory you have chosen as your framework links to words or elects in each of your research questions and how you have to modify your questions to incorporate basic concepts or assumptions of the theory. Note: You will not use the grounded theory approach to your qualitative question.
5. Rewrite the two research questions incorporating concepts or variables to be examined, clearly linking them to the theoretical framework and clearly phrased to indicate qualitative or quantitative methodology.
6. support your conclusion with references to the professional literature.