Accounting Ethics Cases
Category : Ethics Essays
At Thinking Made Easy, we will help you finish your thesis by
The First Publication
1. The first involves the various requirements of several institutions, one of which is the tenure offered by the university based on the number of publications, the second is the required number of pages for publication on a journal, and the final is the agreement made with the accounting firms on the study concerning the publication.
2. The ethical issues involve the possible withdrawal from a commitment to the accounting firms and the tenure policies of the university. The major stockholders are the writer (me), the accounting firm, and the editor of the journals although not so much as the first two.
3. These are the agreement that was made with the accounting firm which has extensively helped the writer with the study in exchange for a particular demand on the article publication.
4. Alternatives are find another journal that will allow publication of five more pages and requesting for a change in the agreement with the accounting firm.
5. The decisions that each corporation—including the writers’—are all greatly focused on the advantages that will be given to them, and the greatest norm is with the compliance with the agreement that involve both verbal or non-verbal. Regulations are also greatly met especially with the decisions of the company.
6. A great consequence is the loss of points for tenure for the writer.
7. I would ask around in other publications first while also contact the accounting firm for the possible change in the agreement.
The Kardell Paper Co.
1. The CEO and the shareholders of Kardell Paper Co. for the need to ensure the operation of the company; there are also the workers within the company who live near the mill and are affected by the major changes in the company.
2. The major issues involve the environmental safety of the mill and how they affect the people, as well as the amount of money it will take to ensure that the company will be able to comply with the needed changes in order to continue with their company.
3. They should be ranked as one of the top although, with the question on environment and safety of the people, it should not be the highest because they are not the ones who are risking their lives, they are simply risking their money and their reputation.
4. Environmental analyses of the effects of sonox to people especially as based on the climates, as well as the relation of the miscarriages, respiratory ailments, and other health problems by Riverside and for more safety.
5. I would allow for more studies done on the environment and also for minimal changes or alternatives in providing safety to the workers and environmental concerns that will naturally affect everyone.
6. They were more concerned with the length in which the company will have to close. Also the money that may be spent rather than the workers’ safety.
7. Jack might go to the media or file a suit against the company for negligence of the workers’ safety, and thus effectively ruining the company’s reputation and thus affect the working environment, performance, and reputation.
Which Responsibilities Take Precedence?
1. Manley’s firm believes that they should lower the standards of the policies on the financial institutions on the debt securities to allow more investors, which Manley’s clients believe should not in order to protect themselves.
2. The stakeholders are the firm and their stance to allow investors to come in without fear of possible debt, Mansley’s clients who fear that this may ruin them, and Mansley himself as a leader of the organization and opposing the proposal in order to raise the standards of the firm yet is loyal to the firm.
3. The principles are honor and loyalty to the firm, then to the clients, and the need to stand up for what they believe in while also weighing the advantages and disadvantages of both situations while also including the values.
4. Each of the sides will be presented with each presenting both the advantages and the disadvantages. Also, lower the standards a bit so clients will feel not be threatened, while accepting suggestions from the clients on the conditions.
5. They have different perspectives and various things to protect. Mansley believes in the cause, the firm believes that they will be helping the investors, while the clients believe they are protecting their own workers and therefore have different ideas and purposes.
6. Problems can arise where clients will express distaste and change auditors without considering the auditors’ side.
7. Present my case to the firm if I do not believe in it. If I do not believe in it, then I do not, and thus will be explained according to the advantages and disadvantages. I am loyal to them, to the point of being honest.
Search Our Library. Search by Keyword, Author or Title