Dothard v. Rawlinson Sex Discrimination in the Workplace
1) Rawlinson appealed to the court because she believed that height and weight requirements had no actual relationship with her supposed job as a correctional counselor in Alabama.
2) The three-judge District Court decided in Rawlinson’s favor because national statistics regarding the comparative height and weight of men and women indicated that Alabama's statutory standards would exclude over 40% of the female population but less than 1% of the male population.
3) Because every state in America has different sets of rules and requirements for employment of males and females, the US government should make laws that would standardize the requirements for both sexes.
4) While most of the law enforcement jobs in America prior to this case were traditionally offered to males, Rawlinson winning the case opened doors for women to get hired also in law enforcement jobs.
5) Because of the amendments in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, opportunities for women in law enforcement became vastly expanded.
B. American Football
1) Because of cable television, millions and millions of viewers around the world gain appreciation of watching American football games.
2) American football holds a dubious distinction in sports because of the highest number of neck injuries caused among players.
3) Because of the increasing popularity of American Football, the National Football League has encouraged league host cities to construct new stadiums.
4) Because narcissism may be encouraged when American football athletes are in the public or media spotlight, measures of precaution must be undertaken.
5) Because injuries in American Football especially concussions are slow to heal, it poses a potential danger to the players.
1) Failure overcomes who we are because we feed our minds with negative thoughts of defeatism and mediocrity.
2) Because failure has a tremendous impact on an individual’s confidence and ego, one should be cautious not to become overwhelmed.
3) While most people view failure as a serious blow to their capabilities, others, including myself, view it as a challenge that should be overcome.
4) Failure sometimes becomes our biggest default because we let it take control over our feelings and actions.
5) While most people get easily discouraged when failure strikes them, others, including myself, use failure itself as a springboard towards success.
Read our customer feedbacks