Thesis Statements & Problem Statement on The Effects of the Presence & Absence of Fatherhood on Children and Adolescence
Category : Problem Statement, Thesis Statements Samples
At Thinking Made Easy, we will help you finish your thesis by
The Affects of the Presence &
Absence of Fatherhood on Children
1. Anthropologist Margaret Mead has emphasized that, unlike the mother's role, which is biologically based, the father's role is a social creation. Male dogs and cats have no reproductive importance after their minuscule sexual performance is over. The emergence of a similar male rolelessness in the inner cities was becoming apparent some decades ago and is now becoming obvious in the larger society.
2. Stuart A. Miller and Rich Zubaty (1995) stated that 85% of prisoners, 78% of high school dropouts, 82% of teenage girls who become pregnant, the majority of drug and alcohol abusers - all come from single-mother-headed households. Less than 1% of any of these categories come from single-father-headed households. This seems to indicate that the problems children encounter are not related to single-parent households, but are related specifically to single-mother-headed households. So, should we blame the mothers or the fathers? Perhaps, neither. There is no question that father-absence has reached epidemic proportions. According to Wade Horn of the National Fatherhood Initiative, we must reverse the trend in 7 - 8 years or it will be too late to do so.
3. The absence of fatherhood on children and adolescence has a great impact to the widespread of crimes among teenagers in the inner city.
4. The absence of fatherhood on children and adolescence has a great impact to the widespread of working kids in the city.
5. Modern social theorists have advanced any number of ideas for making American men better fathers. Curiously, such ideas have not usually included getting men to attend church regularly. Religious involvement, however, does make men better fathers, according to sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox of the University of Virginia.
The presence & absence of fatherhood on children and adolescence has a significant effect to the society and growth and development of his offspring.
Search Our Library. Search by Keyword, Author or Title