EFFECTIVE VISUAL MERCHANDISING EXAMPLES IN A RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT
Category : Visual Merchandising Examples
At Thinking Made Easy, we will help you finish your thesis by
EFFECTIVE VISUAL MERCHANDISING IN A RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT
A retail establishment like groceries, supermarkets and department stores are retail institution that uses effective visual merchandising techniques to create an environment of products and services that largely appeal enticing to all audience so that they buy. Creating sales is the primary reason why this technique has been employed.
If the products are saleable, add to that an effective approach of visual merchandising and the business is surely guaranteed to capture the attention of direct and indirect customers that are just passing by. Customers are amaze of the features and display of the products that’s why they are impulsive to buy even the product is just new to the market, and if they do we can tell that the visual merchandising approach has been successful.
Almost all company especially the retail distributors would employ merchandisers or promos to handle their products from various branches to take care of their individual merchandize and its display. They are the one who are responsible to play a crucial role in display competition from other companies of the same products. They can also be the one to create a series of style or design to display their products. There are many techniques that they can use but basically these are the following creative visual merchandising techniques that you can adopt;
· Mass Display – This is a group of products that has a bigger and wider display using blocks of products from a single company to create individuality and style to promote certain products or services. The idea is somehow to monopolize the visibility, this technique can be located at the beginning and at the end of the shelves, it can also be found on a center island or near the counter area applied usually in a supermarket or groceries stores.
· Theme display – A cross merchandising technique usually build for special occasions like Christmas, Halloween or Valentines etc. you can see special themes of display that is employed on a booth or large areas. During holiday you can see special location in a department store that has special arrangement suited for the holiday. Example, during Valentine’s Day Toblerone chocolate would hire a center booth to display their product to create a promotion for the holiday. Their booth is full of products including hearts and cupid like sellers with bow and arrow that attracts customers to buy and take pictures of their display. While Nestle Corporation always had a trick or treat theme display including witches like seller in their place during Halloween. While you can see a volume of luxurious theme display during Christmas season.
· Technology Display Merchandising – This is a new form of merchandising technique is a product of innovation. Companies may use a large LCD monitors or projectors to promote their products and services, some uses different kind of lightings to create an illusion about their products. Usually computers, cell-phone and other gadget products use this technique while there are also moving and talking electronic items that entice customers even more. Companies may also use the live or recorded movies to guide customers about the products they are offering. This technique can create a heavy traffic of customers who like to view product features before they buy.
· Window Display and store design – Usually applicable on apparel and gadget products that are very comprehensive and employ an artistic creation of design and styles to grab the attention of the customers to enter the store. The window display must create a strong appeal to passersby since the sales of the products can be purely highlighted through the looking glass. They should ensure the products are placed and in symmetry to others, it must also be displayed in an eye level position so that it can be easily visualize even from a far distance. Lightings must be balance and in coordination with the color of the products to create a realistic looks. And most of all the glass should be highly transparent so as to notice the products and not the color of the glass. Window Display Merchandising can be a combination of theme display and technology display in one.
· Use of posters, signage, brochures and leaflets are also an effective merchandising technique because companies can write or print the products and its features accordingly but they must be aware about the size of their posters so that they can comply on the store regulation upon employing the merchandising stuff. Customers can take home the brochures so that they can carry the products and contact information if they have decided to buy.
There are many other merchandising techniques that the company has been using in a retail establishment today. You can simply visit some stores to give you more idea that you can adopt about the techniques and you can also learn to create your own. Remember that an effective visual merchandising technique is like a salesman that can increase your revenue and get you ahead of the competition inside the store.
Search Our Library. Search by Keyword, Author or Title